Supply Chain Management over the RecordsKeeper Blockchain
RecordsKeeper can help improve the supply chain management in the following ways:
- Recording the quantity and transfer of assets – such as pallets, trailers, or containers, etc. – as they move between supply chain nodes
- Tracking purchase orders, change orders, receipts, shipment notifications, or other trade-related documents
- Assigning or verifying certifications or certain properties of physical products; for example, determining if a food product is organic or fair trade
- Linking physical goods to serial numbers, barcodes, digital tags such as RFID, etc.
- Sharing information about the manufacturing process, assembly, delivery, and maintenance of products with suppliers and vendors.
Each unit has a set of compliance conditions which need to be followed. RecordsKeeper can make sure that these are being followed, throughout the process. For each unit, the current status of the supply and its related compliance is approved and recorded in the ledger by the unit itself, thus helping to maintain transparency among all units. RecordsKeeper will store copies of receipts, orders, or notifications, etc. and will make sure that their integrity is maintained. RecordsKeeper helps businesses set the rules for recording the data so that they can set the compliance conditions themselves. Only when the conditions are met does RecordsKeeper allow the user to share the data.